Deep Clean House Checklist—Maid Impressions Cleaning
Deep cleaning is all about the details. It involves cleaning all the hard-to-reach places and all the cleaning tasks most people tend to avoid until it’s absolutely necessary. Every now and then, you might need a deep house cleaning service to get rid of the dirt, dust, and grime that accumulates over time.
If you’ve done some spring cleaning in the past, you know how overwhelming it can be without a plan. You have to make time to declutter, clean, and organize every room in the house. With a deep house cleaning checklist, you can compartmentalize each task in an actionable, manageable way. Plus, it ensures you don’t miss a spot.
Now, here’s a deep cleaning checklist that will breathe new life into your home.
A Room-By-Room Guide to Deep Cleaning
It’s always best to start with the areas that are hardest to clean – the kitchen and bathrooms – before proceeding to other main areas.
- Throw away expired toiletries and personal care products
- Clean your shower head by soaking it in a cleaning solution or a mixture of vinegar and water
- If you have shower curtains, wash and dry according to directions
- Scrub tile grout and remove any scrub on the bathroom tiles
- Wash rugs
- Clean bath/shower and bathroom faucet: use baking powder to remove tough stains
- Clean the toilet interior, base, and tank
- Wipe down the mirror with a glass cleaner
- Mop the floors
- Organize cabinets and toiletries
- Take out the trash
- Wash and sanitize trash and recycling bins with warm, soapy water
- Clear out all food items before unplugging and cleaning your fridge. Clean under the fridge if you can move it.
- Clean freezer and throw out expired food
- Deep clean oven: scrub the interior, clean stovetop and hood fan
- Deep clean dishwasher inside and out: don’t forget to empty the filter
- Wipe down backsplash and counters
- Sanitize countertops and disinfect the sink paying special attention to areas around the faucet
- Deep clean appliances like microwaves and coffee makers
- Clean utensil holders
- Clean and organize cabinets and pantry
- Wipe down any kitchen furniture
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Wipe down all furniture with a damp microfiber cloth
- Vacuum couch, wash pillow covers, and throw blanket
- Dust and wipe bookshelves, tv stands, coffee tables, and other furniture and decor
- Clean curtain rods, window sills, and wash the windows
- Clean ceiling fans
- Remove any stains from carpets and upholstery
- Shampoo rugs and carpets
- Wash curtains and blinds
- Clear the dust present on electronics with a dry cloth and wipe down the remotes
- Vacuum and mop the floors
- Clean out, declutter and reorganize the closet and any other storage space
- Wash beddings, throw blankets and pillow covers according to their labels
- Aerate mattresses
- Wipe down nightstands and lamps
- Clean and sanitize plastic toys
- Wash stuffed animals and other soft toys
Cleaning tip: wash pillows and comforters at least once a year. You can take them to a laundromat or a cleaning professional if your washer and dryer aren’t large enough.
- Clean washing machine
- Clean dryer taking extra care to remove lint
- Move and vacuum behind washer and dryer
Throughout Your House
There are some cleaning tasks that have to be carried out in almost every room:
- Wipe down walls and baseboards with a damp cloth
- Mop floors with a focus on removing stains and cleaning grout if the floors are tiled
- Remove stains on carpeted floors
- Dust or wipe light fixtures and ceiling fans with a damp microfiber cloth
- Sweep the deck and power wash it if needed
- Remove any collected debris in the gutters; call in house cleaning professionals if needed
- Clean outdoor furniture
- Clean and organize your garage or shed
- To refresh carpets or rugs, sprinkle baking soda on them and let them sit for a few hours before vacuuming.
- Place a sheet under fans to catch dust when cleaning
- Make a paste of baking soda and white vinegar to address stubborn areas with dirt and grime
- Refresh delicate blinds with a vinegar spray rather than laundering them
- Remove cobwebs from doors and window frames
Refresh Your Home with Maid Impressions Cleaning Services
Does the thought of deep cleaning your home sound overwhelming? If so, we offer all the above deep cleaning services. Maid Impressions offers house cleaning services in Clearwater, Dunedin, and Palm Harbor.
We use a green cleaning system that is gentle to you and your pets and friendly to the environment. Call us in to refresh and deep clean your house. We’re the best maid service in the business, taking great pride in helping our clients maintain clean and healthy homes.
Contact our team today to schedule a free consultation.